Volunteer Ride Day Info
Thank you for volunteering for the Closer to Free Ride on Saturday, September 7th. You are essential to the success of the event and the well-being of our dedicated Riders and the event couldn’t happen without you. Here are some things you need to know about your participation:
- Parking is available at the Yale Bowl on Yale Ave between Chapel and Derby across from Gate A. There will be plenty of event signage to guide you.
- ALL VOLUNTEERS ― Road Crew and Yale Bowl ― MUST report to the Yale Bowl first on Saturday, September 7. If you have forgotten your team assignment or your Yale Bowl report time, please contact us at email@example.com
- When you arrive at the Yale Bowl, report to the Volunteer Check-In Tent. You’ll check-in, get your t-shirt, any supplies you might need and your official event wristband. This wristband allows you access to food & beverage during the event. Without your wristband, you will not have access to free snacks and lunch! All the supplies necessary to do your job will be available for you at the Yale Bowl.
- The Closer to Free Ride happens RAIN OR SHINE and in all temperatures. Please bring rain gear and layer your clothing. All volunteer jobs involve working outdoors in the elements and some jobs start in the pre-dawn hours. We have a Gear Check for your convenience so you can store unused rain gear to have at the ready should weather conditions change. Please wear closed-toed shoes.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It's not just a message for Riders. As a volunteer you'll be working long hours. Please take care of yourself and make sure you drink both water and Gatorade during your shift.
- After your shift, stick around to welcome the Riders in from the route and for the finish line festival. Food, beverages, beer and live entertainment are all on tap from 10am-5pm.
Thank you again for your contribution to the Closer to Free Ride. We look forward to seeing you on September 7!